In less than 48 hours, we will be dancing the night away in the year 2012! I can’t believe how quickly 2011 flew by! So many great things have happened this year, I’m going to narrow it down to the best of 2011!
1. My boyfriend became a successful attorney within less than a year of graduating
2. I went to Florida with my besties, in March
3. My best friend, Effie, got engaged, in May
4. My first cousin had a beautiful baby girl, in May
5. The Anna Vissi concert
6. I started my schooling at IIN, in May
7. Got back in touch with my college friend, Lea, who is constantly teaching me new things about health
8. My other best friend, Andria, got married, in June – I was her MOH
9. I went to Florida with my cousin/bestie, Patricia, in June
10. I went to Florida/Mexico in August with my boo
11. I ran my first 5k and 10k in November
12. I joined my cousin, Stella, on her no sugar detox all of November - fared out pretty well!
13. Both my weight and cholesterol have dropped from the year 2010
14. I have been cooking and baking (something I never used to do!)
15. Christmas Dinner at Southbranch, with Effie, Andria, Patricia and Nina
16. The first – and best yet- Christmas eve at my cousin JP & Kleo’s house
17. My cousin, Stella, opening her White Elephant gift (Charlie) a real rabbit.
18. According to Kleo, “The day after Christmas Eve” aka Xmas day – opening gifts in our pj’s with baby Katerina
19. Christmas Day at my cousin Patricia’s house – thank you for that amazing corn bread pudding
20. The day after Christmas eating like fat cows and watching the worst movie on earth, with Stella, Kleo & Lea.
Now that 2011 is coming to a close, it’s a perfect time to reflect on the past year – our triumphs and our failures, our strong moments and our weak moments, our family and our health. And now is the time to think to ourselves – how can we become better people than who we were last year?
In the new year, let’s make it a point to appreciate and focus on what we have in our lives and think less and focus less on what we don’t have because it’s what we have that keep us happy and healthy
Cheers to the New Year! May 2012 bring us health, happiness and love