First and foremost, I want to do a mini recap of my “Setting goals for October” post since we have now entered November – time for new goals, or rather time to achieve the previous goals that were left behind act.
In case you’re like me and have a bad memory, here is a brief overview of my “Setting Goals for October” post.
October Goals Revisited:
- 45min to one hour of exercise or activity most days of the week (It doesn’t matter what -just get moving!) - I did on average 5 days of cardio, not all were 45 min, some were more and some were less so it’s safe to say it balanced out
- Wake up 30 min early a few days to do some cardio before work (I’ve done this before and it really helps keep your energy up throughout the day – it’s just getting out of bed that sucks!) - Truth be told, this happened only once.
- Grocery shop on Saturday or Sunday to prepare foods for the week (so I can limit eating out.) - Could have done this each week, probably happened twice this month. I definitely ate out more than I wanted, but less than I have in the past!
- Try new recipes! - I give myself an A+ for this one.
- Stick to three meals a day (been on a snacking frenzy this past week and that needs to stop!) - I give myself a D- for this one… snack attack at its finest this month.
- Work on my self-discipline!!!! (Halloween is around the corner and that = candy overdose) - The best I can say here is – WIP (work in progress)
Here’s my calendar full of stickers
I would love to say that I accomplished all of those listed goals, but for the sake of making this an honest blog – I won’t. I also forgot to add that signing up for a race was another goal of mine and I actually signed up for two (thank-you-very-much.) What I didn’t say was that I’d actually run the race… guess the joke was on you! Just kidding My first 5k is this Saturday and I’m really looking forward to it. I’ve been training for exactly a month now and I think I’m ready to go for this one… it’s the 10k on Thanksgiving that I’m worried about because with my luck we’ll have a crazy snow storm. Crossing fingers.
Let’s focus on November and how to beat those winter blues by setting some goals – and sticking to them There are 23 days or a little over 3 weeks until Thanksgiving. That’s a perfect amount of time to start a workout routine/better eating habits and keep them going throughout the holiday season.
Here are a few of my personal goals for the upcoming 3 weeks:
- No sugar – It takes about a week and then you no longer have cravings, but you must do this cold turkey. (Sugar = anything that ends in -ose, white starches (because those are ultimately sugar,) and all sweets.
- Continue my 5x a week exercise regimen with 3x a week running.
- Drink 8-10 cups of water a day.
- Complete my first 5k and 10k
Remember, when you list out your goals you feel more accountable. Also, go buy yourself some stickers and a calendar. You’ll love how it looks at the end of the month – I promise!
Note: If you “cheat” on the weekends including Friday, that’s a total of 12 days which is almost half of the month!!! Keep that in mind! Thank you TIU for that reminder
“And will you succeed? Yes indeed, yes indeed! Ninety-eight and three-quarters percent guaranteed.”
– Dr. Seuss